Thursday, March 17, 2016

Day 3 (Shoulder Day)| Persistence and Consistency

Hello Readers!

After the last two days, my upper body is really starting to feel the DOMS (Delay Onset Muscle Soreness), but with all training programs, they key is staying persistent. No true success happens overnight, it is the actions we take daily that will determine the overall outcome. With that being said, your health and your desired physique does not all of a sudden change overnight. It's just the matter of being persistent with your goals and consistent with our actions.  Let's quote the little green man," do or do not, there is no try." (I find this highly appropriate since it's also St. Patty's Day lol)


Shoulders (60-90 Second Rest as Needed)
5 x 10-12 Seated Machine Lateral Raises (double drop set on last set)

5 x 10 Seated Cable Shoulder Press (double drop set into single arm shoulder press)
superset w/ 4 x 8-10 Seated Lateral Raises (slight forward lean, heavy rear-delts emphases)

5 x 8-10 Standing Single Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press (single drop set)
superset w/ 4 x 10 Front Raises with Plate (Push out at the top to target front delts)

2 x 10 Seated Behind the Neck Shoulder Press

3 x 10 Cable Rear Delt Flyes

3 x 10 Full Range-Of-Motion Cable Front Raises (Dual Cross Over)

Finisher (no rest)
3 x 20 Kneeling Cable Shoulder Press (Dual Cross Over)
superset w/ 3 x 10 Dumbbell Front Squats

Kinda funny looking back on what I actually did today. I felt like I was at the gym forever, but again, I was only there for 50-55 minutes. Looking at the list, it looks like I did only 6 work outs for my shoulders, but those supersets count! If you have ever done a superset, you know how tasking and exhausting it can be, especially supersetting with the same muscle group rather then hitting an antagonist muscle group. This allows more overall volume on the muscle, and less recovery. Like all upper body day, I did my upper mobility warm-up. I did alot of different variations of internal and external shoulder rotation (with cable machine, with bands, with dumbbells, etc) to really get the rotator cuffs going. I have a lot of stiffness in my left shoulder due to the last two days, but its been loosen up.

With the front raises with the plate, I hold the plate actually at the bottom and almost like I am pushing it upright. At the very top, I also give it a little push and push my head through my arms, really incorporating the front deltoid. I made sure that I hit all of my delts and really get those pauses in. As I am typing up this blog, my shoulders are just burning it up.

The finisher was what really got to me today. Finishers are always suppose to be very achievable, but that doesn't mean that they don't suck. I almost threw up after doing them today. It doesn't seem like alot, but my abs are sore from yesterday and while I am kneeling and pressing, my abs are what keeps me stable. Same with the dumbbell front squat. Abs can honestly be incorporated in every movement, as long as you keep them tight along with your posture. Remember, your abs are what keeps you upright along with spine. It's basic function is to 'stabilize'. 

There is a little quote that goes, "If you are persistent you will get it, if you are consistent you will keep it." This is true in all aspect of life. If you are seeking an education, job opportunities, or just seeking a BIG dream, you'll eventually WIN BIG. Be persistent with your dreams and be consistent with your actions. It is the hustle within all of us that will ultimately determine not just where we might find ourselves later in life, but finding your self worth. We all have so much to offer, we just need to find our niche and OWN IT.

Stay great, my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment