Saturday, March 19, 2016

Day 5 of 90 Day Cut | Leg Day (Boosting T-Levels)

Hello readers!

I decided that all of my off days, I am not going to blog unless I have a topic that I would like to talk about. Tomorrow is going to be an off day, however I will be blogging about the importance of rest intervals and how it can really set the pace of your workout. 

Today was leg day! It's the day that most people dread and some people even tend to skip. That is probably the last thing you want to do, unless you don't mind looking like this:


Too many of these folks :(

I understand the dread of maybe the squat, certainly for a lot of tall folks but you gotta do it people! It's the largest muscle group of the body and with that being said, it can help facilitate growth by raising your T-Levels (testosterone). What's the benefits of testosterone? It can help reduce body fat, increase muscle growth, maintain bone density, increase strength and athletic performance, etc. SO basically, don't skip it folks!

Leg Day (60 - 90 Seconds rest)
5 x 10-12 Abductor Machine

5 x 10-12 Adductor Machine

5 x 8-12 Leg Extension (double drop set into single leg)
Superset w/ 4 x 10 Dumbbell Front Squat

5 x 10 Hack Squat (Single Drop Set) 

5 x 8-12 Seated Leg Curls (Double drop set into single leg)
Superset w/ 5 x 10 Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift

3 x 15 Prone Leg Curls
Superset w/ 3 x 10 Dumbbell Front Squat

I started off on the treadmill for just ten minutes to get my heart rate elevated. I went straight to the two movements to help strengthen my hips. I start the weight fairly low to get the best full range of motion, but then increasing per set into about 75-85% of my body weight. The movements are really just ways for me to open up my hips, while also strengthen them. I think alot of guys tend to lack doing this movement, which isn't the smartest since guys tend to have really tight hip by nature.

If you noticed, no squats. Yes I need to do it, I know that. Like I stated in my other post, a lot of superset that I do incorporate movements involving my hips. I need to really open my hips flexibility up. They are also great movements to do to keep the workout rest periods to a minimum. The weights today was around 70%, really focusing on the contractions. I was getting a pretty sick pump into my 3rd set with the hack squats. I was sweating profusely at this point. Leg day is honestly a love/hate relationship. It's something I really hate doing, but at the same time I can see the major benefits of it especially in the burning fat department.

I was in and out within an hour. Leg days are a little bit longer then most days just because the rest periods tend to be longer since it's a large muscle group. Leg day is always a success when you can't even walk out of the gym right lol. Hope ya'll enjoy the read! Stay great my friends!




1 comment: